How do I get confirmed?

Every member who wishes to be confirmed must go through our employment verification process. In most cases, this is simply performed by calling your agency/department and verifying that you are a correctional officer currently employed there. 

If you are a correctional officer in the United States, your account (assuming you selected the category "Correctional Officer " when you registered) will automatically be selected for employment verification. The number that we call is the same number that you entered in your account information when you registered for your agency/department – it should NOT be your personal/home phone number. Obviously, you can't verify your own employment, so the number should be for dispatch, the human resources/payroll/personnel department, or your supervisor.

If you are a retired correctional officer you will need to contact us to request confirmation. You should provide us with the number to the department and the name of a contact where you were last employed.

If you are an officer outside of the United States we cannot call to verify your employment. Instead, what we will need is a letter on official letterhead from either the human resources/personnel/payroll department or your supervisor stating that you are currently employed as an officer with your department. Included should be their title and contact information. You can fax it to (415) 962-8340 or scan and e-mail it to Please note that badges and IDs will not be accepted.

Members who registered under "Civilian," "Manufacturer," or "Non-Sworn" cannot be confirmed – if you registered under one of these categories in error, contact customer support.

Did you find this article helpful?