How do I acquire full access for commenting and secure content within

Who -

Full access to our commenting forums, as well as secure content is provided only for members who are verified as correctional officers, as well as sworn law enforcement officers.

If you are a retired correctional officer you will need to contact us to request confirmation. You should provide us with the number to the department and the name of a contact where you were last employed.

If you are an officer outside of the United States we cannot call to verify your employment. Instead, what we will need is a letter on official letterhead from either the human resources/personnel/payroll department or your supervisor stating that you are currently employed as an officer with your department. Included should be their title and contact information. You can fax it to (415) 962-8340 or scan and e-mail it to Please note that badges and IDs will not be accepted.

Members who registered under "Civilian," "Manufacturer," or "Non-Sworn" cannot be confirmed – if you registered under one of these categories in error, contact customer support.

How -

Every member who wishes to be confirmed must go through our employment verification process. In most cases, this is simply performed by calling your agency/department and verifying that you are a correctional officer currently employed there. 

To begin this process, first ensure that you have completed your registration.  To do this, login with us and then go to your profile.  Scroll down to where it says "My Experience" and fill out the information for your current place of employment; including the contact information for your corrections supervisor or HR and badge ID number.  Select to Get Verified.  Our verification reps will use this information to reach out to your employers... the process may take 7 to10 business days, at most.  When the verification process is completed, you will receive an automatic notification to your registered email letting you know the status.

The number that we call is the same number that you entered in your account information when you registered for your agency/department – it should NOT be your personal/home phone number.  For obvious reasons, you cannot verify your own employment, so the number should be for dispatch, human resources/payroll/personnel department, or your supervisor.

What -

Secure content within is set apart from other material with handcuff icons: 

To "Join the Discussion" with us, first sign in with your verified membership and then post your comments.  You will be seen by other viewers only as your username.

Comment threads are monitored by our staff to minimize trolling, phishing and aggressive behavior.  You are welcome to go to our article on
 Member Commenting Policy for for acceptable forum etiquette.

Thank you,
C1 Support Staff

Did you find this article helpful?